He is recognized by his peers as a top advocate at trial and on appeal and has numerous reported cases on a variety of legal subjects.
He has wide-ranging expertise in class proceedings, complex commercial disputes, insolvency and restructuring, shareholder rights and director liabilities, competition and securities law. He has appeared before all levels of courts in Ontario and other common law provinces, the Federal Court and Supreme Court of Canada.
- Class actions
- Corporate/commercial litigation
- Insolvency and corporate restructuring
- Securities and antitrust
- Shareholder oppression
- Chairman and former Director, The Advocates’ Society, Articling Task Force
- Adjunct Professor, University of Windsor, Faculty of Law, lecturing on torts and common law rights and remedies
- Member, Advisory Committee on the Civil Justice Reform Project 2007-2008
Recipient of Diamond Jubilee Medal, 2012