2. The class action concerns leveraged donations that were made in accordance with the terms of the Donation Program for Medical Science and Technology (the 'Program'). Each donor who participated in the Program was required to use their own funds for a portion of the donation and was provided with the option of financing for the balance of the donation.
3. The parties reached a settlement that was approved by the Court. The defendants will pay $37 million in full and final settlement of all claims.
5. The net settlement proceeds will be distributed to the Class on a pro rata share in accordance with the Court-approved Plan of Allocation. The Plan of Allocation may be viewed here.
6. Epiq Class Action Services Canada, Inc. was appointed as Administrator by the Court. Please continue to monitor the Administrator’s website at www.trinityclassaction.com for more information and to submit your claim.
7. Class Members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit a claim form by 5:00 p.m. eastern standard time on December 31, 2019. The claim form will be available to be downloaded at www.trinityclassaction.com or by calling the Administrator at 1-833-414-8042.
8. If you have any questions, please call Strosberg Sasso Sutts LLP at 1.800.229.5323, extension 296.
9. If you would like to know more about how a class action works, click here.
This website provides general information to class members on a class action commenced against Trinity Capital Corporation and a number of other corporations and persons.