1. The law firms of Sutts, Strosberg LLP (now Strosberg Sasso Sutts LLP) and Charney Lawyers commenced a class action with respect to the balcony railings at the Matrix condominium development at 361 Front Street West and 373 Front Street West in the City of Toronto. The Matrix Towers are located at the City Place Development in Toronto, Ontario.
2. The defendants are the builders (Concord Adex Condominium Developments Corp. and Toddglen Construction Limited), and the condominium corporation (Toronto Standard Condominium Corporation No. 1438).
3. The plaintiffs allege that the defendants are responsible to them and the members of the class for the lost use of their balconies and for the diminished value of their units.
4. On August 12, 2015, Justice Perell certified this action as a class proceeding. The certification order can be viewed here and the notice of certification can be viewed here. The deadline to opt out of the class action is October 12, 2015 at 5:00 pm.
5. To provide your information to us, complete the questionnaire.
6. If you wish to speak to someone for assistance, please call Strosberg Sasso Sutts LLP, toll free 1.800.229.5323, extension 296 or Charney Lawyers at 1.416.964.7950, extension 249.
7. If you would like to learn more about how a class action works, please click here.
This website provides general information to potential class members on a class action commenced against Matrix Towers. The court will ultimately decide who will be included as a class member.