FORD PRIVACY BREACH
1. On January 22, 2013, Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited (“Ford”) announced that certain confidential personal information of 10,000 Ford employees was uploaded onto an unsecured website on the internet.
2. The law firms of Sutts, Strosberg LLP (now Strosberg Sasso Sutts LLP) and Charney Lawyers commenced a proposed class action against Ford on behalf of all persons whose information uploaded onto the website.
3. If you are a current or retired Ford employee and you were notified that your personal information was uploaded onto the unsecured website, you may be entitled to compensation.
4. Individuals whose personal information was uploaded onto the unsecured website may be entitled to compensation for the breach of their privacy, damages for identity theft and/or damages to their credit reputation, damages for the costs incurred to prevent identity theft, damages for the time spent changing your personal information such as your Social Insurance Number, damages for emotional distress/inconvenience, and/or compensation for out of pocket expenses.
5. We will continue to update this website as developments occur.
6. Our new registration system is available here. Even if you have previously completed a questionnaire or otherwise communicated with us, please register your interest in this action. If you prefer, you may contact us at 519.561.6296.
7. If you would like to know more about how a class action works, please click here.
This website provides general information to class members on a class action commenced against Ford. The court will ultimately decide who will be included as a class member.