- Dynamic random access memory (“DRAM”) is a component of various electronic and computer products, such as desktop computers, laptops. notebooks, cellular telephones and other handheld devices and game consoles.
- Sutts, Strosberg LLP is co-counsel in a class action commenced in respect of DRAM in Ontario. The lawsuit alleged that the defendant manufacturers conspired to fix the price at which DRAM was sold in Canada and worldwide from at least January 1, 1998 to December 31, 2005. Parallel actions were also commenced against the defendants in British Columbia and Quebec.
- THE ACTIONS HAVE BEEN SETTLED AND THE SETTLEMENTS WITH ALL DEFENDANTS HAVE BEEN APPROVED BY THE COURTS. THE CLAIMS PROCESS APPROVED BY THE COURT HAS RUN AND THE CLAIMS DEADLINE OF JUNE 23, 3015 HAS PASSED.
- Since the claims period ended, the lawyers and the claims administrator have been working hard to process the over 1 million claims received.
$20 SIMPLIFIED CLAIMS
- Over 880,000 Simplified Form Claims for $20 were approved for payment by the Courts and cheques were sent to those approved claimants at the end of 2015.
ALL OTHER STANDARD FORM CLAIMS
- The Standard Form Claims were approved for payment by the Courts in May 2016 and cheques were sent to approved claimants in the middle of July 2016.