CANNTRUST HOLDINGS INC. CLASS ACTION
- Strosberg Sasso Sutts LLP is counsel in a proposed class action on behalf of all persons, other than certain persons associated with the defendants, who, during the period from October 1, 2018 to July 5, 2019, acquired securities of CannTrust Holdings Inc. (“CannTrust”) (TSX : TRST):
- on the TSX or alternative Canadian exchanges; and/or
- except residents of the United States of America, pursuant to the prospectuses;
- On July 8, 2019, CannTrust informed the public that Health Canada found its greenhouse facility in Pelham, Ontario to be non-compliant with certain regulations. Health Canada’s audit revealed the company had been growing cannabis in unlicensed facilities from October 2018 to March 2019, and that the company had provided inaccurate information to Health Canada.
- The plaintiff alleges that CannTrust and certain of its officers and directors made misrepresentations by issuing documents, public statements, and prospectuses, which represented that CannTrust was in material compliance with all laws, regulations, licenses and permits and failing to make timely disclosure of the unlicensed cultivation.
- Once this information was revealed, the price of CannTrust securities dropped significantly, causing substantial damages to holders of CannTrust securities.
- The plaintiff seeks damages for negligent misrepresentation and liability for primary market misrepresentation and secondary market disclosure pursuant to the provisions of Ontario's Securities Act.
- If you acquired CannTrust securities during the period from October 1, 2018 and July 5, 2019, please enter the information requested on the questionnaire page.
- If you have any questions, please call Strosberg Sasso Sutts LLP at 519.561.6296.
- If you would like to know more about how a class action works, click here.