CANCER DRUG CLASS ACTION
1. Strosberg Sasso Sutts LLP and McKenzie Lake Lawyers LLP commenced a class action on behalf of all cancer patients who received incorrect doses of chemotherapy medications, cyclophosphamide and gemcitabine, between February 6, 2012 to and including April 2, 2013.
2. The defendants were the pharmaceutical company which prepared and supplied the drugs and Medbuy, the group purchasing agent for the Hospitals.
3. On October 18, 2016, this action was certified as a class proceeding on consent, for settlement purposes. As part of the proposed settlement, the Hospitals were named as defendants as well.
4. On January 10, 2017 the settlement was approved by Justice Verbeem.
5. The time to opt out has passed and the settlement cheques were delivered to the Class Members. The administration of this settlement is now complete.